The COO is responsible for optimising the company’s operating abilities whilst employing strategies to enhance customer satisfaction. This consists of overseeing the operational processes and day-to day business operations as well as ensuring exceptional customer experience. Several internal departments, including Payments and Fraud, Customer Service, Business Analyses, and Project Management, will report to the COO.
- Work on strategic planning and resource allocation for business operations, hand in hand with the Executive team.
- Lead strategies that will direct the company’s future and automate processes to be more efficient and scalable.
- Head organisational expansion activities and ensure business continuity; establish goals targeting performance and growth.
- Develop, establish, implement, and improve operational business processes and policies.
- Handle the execution of strategies, particularly strategies related to operational priorities, conflicts and reporting timelines, as well as track success of key strategic projects with stakeholders.
- Make certain that all customer facing departments are up to quality standards of output and direct them in their processes.
- Confirm that all operational departments are up to date with new strategic goals and guide them to achieve their goals by making the needed operational changes.
- Establish performance and operational goals that are tied to long-term goals, for each department.
- Create and monitor business performance reporting systems to make sure goals are accomplished.
- Track department performance and compare with performance goals to ensure that progress is being made.
- Lead the company’s operating capabilities to exceed customer satisfaction and retention, as well as company goals.
- Help determine the teams that need to collaborate to develop and put in place new operations procedures whilst working in tandem with all the relevant areas.
- Introduce upgraded processes and innovative technologies to develop a strong and stable workforce.
- Collaborate with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
- Assist the CEO with other duties on an ongoing basis as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion and knowledge of the industry; a proactive attitude, strong organisational and negotiation skills.
- Excellent project, planning, change and time-management capabilities and a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Familiarity with IT/Business infrastructure, outstanding verbal and written skills, and experience working with staff on all levels.
- In possession of a University degree.
Knowledge and Experience:
- The ideal candidate would hold five years of operational management experience with a minimum of three years’ experience working within a senior management executive role, with general management, project management and budgetary oversight.
The above description is indicative and may vary from one organisation to another.
Back to Key Function Roles