The law in Malta allows for the creation of a number of different corporate vehicles. These allow you to do business in a manner that limits your personal liability.
There is the private limited liability company which is the most common of business vehicles.
For an enterprise that offers its shares to the public there is the public limited liability company or plc. If you want to do business with partners from different EU countries and raise financing in alternative ways rather than by capital injection, there is the European economic interest grouping.
We also have a number of different partnerships.
Why You Should Register Your Company in Malta
Malta offers numerous lucrative benefits when it comes to registering your company. Below are a few of those benefits:
- Malta has a competitive tax system: 5% effective tax rate on net profit. Holding companies are tax neutral in view of the full imputation system Malta has in place.
- Double taxation agreements: a vast treaty network, with the majority built on the OECD Model Tax Convention.
- Tax laws are EU compatible, with swift and friendly administration.
- English-speaking workforce, with English as an official language on the island.
- Freedom of movement in EU and Schengen countries.
- Malta makes use of the Euro currency.
- Warm climate and various flight connections, with a focus on tourism.
Company Incorporation Overview and Key Steps
A registered company in Malta is its own separate legal entity having a limited liability and the requirement to appoint one director and a company secretary.
The key steps to register a company in Malta are as follows:
- Name reservation, which is valid for three months.
- Structure of share capital, directors, company secretary and registered address.
- Drafting of the Memorandum, Articles of Association and additional documents and resolutions that may be required.
- Payment of initial share capital.
- Submission of incorporation pack.
- Certificate of Registration is issued.
How AE Business Advisors Can Help
Committed to meeting all your business needs while protecting what matters to you, AE Business Advisors will provide complete corporate and professional solutions to businesses looking to set up or relocate to Malta or Gozo.
AE can assist you with all your company registration needs, including:
- Share capital amounts and fees.
- Tax and Structuring: Our tailored and fully customisable tax solutions are available to local and international clients.
- Local requirements: Including a registered address, trademarks, and patents.
- Assistance with the opening of the bank account.
- Employment matters: Sourcing talented and capable people from all parts of the world to their potential employers.
- Continuations and mergers: Our commercial lawyers handle the full life cycle of both corporate and private deals.
- Company compliance services
Company registration can also be done remotely, without the need for travel. For more information contact us here.