AE offers a dedicated iGaming business consultancy service, designed both for start-up business looking to set up iGaming operations in Malta, as well as for established operators seeking to relocate or establish a branch within Malta.
The Consultancy is comprised of non-legal professionals, boasting extensive experience within the international and Maltese Remote Gaming sector. Our iGaming lawyers provide legal support where it is required throughout the licensing process. The consultancy can provide support in the compilation of business plans, drafting and vetting company policies and procedures, drafting technical documentation, liaising with the Lotteries and Gaming Authority, advice regarding establishing compliance processes and establishing relationships with gaming suppliers. We offer a one-stop-shop for operators seeking to take advantage of Malta’s modern and robust legal and legislative framework, relatively low licensing costs and highly favourable tax rates.
AE Gaming Department can assist with the following services:
- Advice on the appropriate class of remote gaming licence.
- Company formation including valuation and capitalization of non-cash assets, such as software or IP already held outside Malta.
- Tax advice on the setup and operation of the e-Gaming business in Malta and abroad.
- Preparation of business plans suitable for the Malta Gaming Authority.
- Preparation of all other documents necessary for authorisation as a Maltese iGaming company (including, contracts, procedures, risk policies, financial projection, template accounts, business model etc).
- Review of all documents/business plan.
- Application for a Malta remote gaming/iGaming licence.
- Appointment of local Maltese directors and/or key official to the iGaming company (in most cases our directors and key official will have been pre-approved by the Maltese Gaming Authority).
- Introduction to local Maltese hosting companies.
- Introduction to local Maltese payment companies.
- Attending, with you or on your behalf, the Malta Gaming Authorities pre-go-live systems audit.
- Ongoing reporting to the Malta Gaming Authority.
- Preparation of Value Added Tax (VAT) returns (if applicable).
- Preparation of annual audited financial statements.