The MLRO role is a high-profile role applicable to B2C licensees only. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance and offering guidance for all Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) legislation, regulations, and rules.
- Interpret, communicate, and apply AML/CTF legislation, regulations, rules, and guidance.
- Handle unique projects/programmes requiring AML/CTF stakeholder input.
- Broaden your understanding of AML/CTF risks across the business and pass these on to the appropriate governance committees or executive leadership.
- Act as the Key leader on AML/CTF-related training and communication of AML/CTF initiatives and changes.
- Lead initiatives and attain others’ cooperation through education, conducting presentations, communication and influencing others, including upper management as needed.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree level of education or higher.
- Previous work as a MLRO, having handled a large and diverse range of clients or at the minimum, previous work experience in a senior AML position within a licensed institution for at least 3 years.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of Money Laundering and Terrorist Finance regulations.
- A professional qualification by a qualified body is a plus.
The above description is indicative and may vary from one organisation to another.