AE has been advising and representing new iGaming operations for the last 15 years, among whom, some of the largest in the industry originating from Sweden, Australia, United Kingdom, Italy, The Netherlands, Greece and other major markets.
iGaming Licenses in Malta
Our team offers the below core services to obtain an iGaming license in Malta:
- Advice and application for the appropriate type of remote gaming license.
- Assistance with business plan development, IT & security.
- Valuation and capitalization of non-cash assets, such as software or IPs already held outside Malta.
- Tax advice on the setup and operation of an iGaming business in Malta and abroad.
- Preparation of business plans suitable for the Malta Gaming Authority.
- Preparation of all other documents necessary for authorization as a Maltese iGaming company (contracts, procedures, risk policies, financial projections, template accounts, business models etc.).
- Review of all documents, as and when required.
- Appointment of local directors and assistance sourcing people for the key function roles of the licensed entity (in most cases our directors and key officials will have been pre-approved by the Maltese Gaming Authority).
- Introduction to local Maltese hosting and payment companies.
- Attending, with you or on your behalf, the Malta Gaming Authorities pre-go-live systems audit.
- Ongoing reporting to the Malta Gaming Authority.
- Preparation of Value Added Tax (VAT) returns.
- Preparation of annual audited financial statements.
While the iGaming team provides the core licensing service, a client is also supported whenever it requires all the other necessary service lines associated with establishing a licensing operation including:
- Company incorporation;
- Tax registration and compliance;
- Work permits and employee registrations including payroll services;
- Ongoing statutory compliance;
- Intellectual Property (IP) registrations;
- Back-office accounting services;
- Specialized commercial litigation services