The DPO is responsible for leading data protection practices whilst designing and supporting data protection awareness. Excellent communication skills, together with expertise in data protection laws including an in-depth understanding of GDPR, are required for this role. The DPO is the main point of contact for staff and regulators on issues connected to data protection.
- Keep abreast with legislation and execute privacy impact assessments.
- Develop, maintain, and implement a data protection and privacy risk framework and processes.
- Supervise the implementation of controls to make sure all is GDPR compliant and deal with internal and external audits.
- Ensure breach investigations are executed and incidents are handled and reported to management, the IDPC, and data subjects as needed.
- Act as DPO in carrying out the requirements stipulated in Article 39 of the GDPR to keep the business and customers’ data safe.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Great interest in data protection and relevant qualifications
- Proven track record of data protection best practices and expert knowledge of GDPR
The above description is indicative and may vary from one organisation to another.