The DPO is responsible for leading data protection practices whilst designing and supporting data protection awareness. Excellent communication skills, together with expertise in data protection laws including an in-depth understanding of GDPR, are required for this role. The DPO is the main point of contact for staff and regulators on issues connected to data protection.
- Keep abreast with legislation and execute privacy impact assessments.
- Develop, maintain, and implement a data protection and privacy risk framework and processes.
- Supervise the implementation of controls to make sure all is GDPR compliant and deal with internal and external audits.
- Ensure breach investigations are executed and incidents are handled and reported to management, the IDPC, and data subjects as needed.
- Act as DPO in carrying out the requirements stipulated in Article 39 of the GDPR to keep the business and customers’ data safe.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Great interest in data protection and relevant qualifications
- Proven track record of data protection best practices and expert knowledge of GDPR
The above description is indicative and may vary from one organisation to another.
Back to Key Function Roles