Parents who are unable to work from home to receive wage benefit
16 March 2021
Parents who work in the private sector and have children who are younger than 16 will be given a benefit if they are unable to work from home. This applies only if they have to take unpaid leave in order to take care of their children as a result of the closure of schools.
What you can get
Eligible parents will receive a direct payment of €166.15 per week if they work full-time or €103.85 per week if they work part-time.
They shall also benefit from the following:
- Paid Social Security Contribution will be provided
- Adjusted children’s allowance rate which may increase up to the maximum rate of €24.08 per week per child
- Continuation of In Work Benefit without deductions
- Continuation of Tapering of Benefits without deductions
Are you eligible?
General eligibility criteria:
- Parent of children under 16
- Working full-time or part-time in the private sector
- Working from home is not possible
- Unpaid leave has been taken to take care of children between 15th March and 11th April 2021
- The employer is not receiving the Wage Supplement on the parent’s behalf
Contact our team of experts to find out more and for help with your application.